What is Affirm?
Affirm (formerly known as PayBright) is one of Canada’s leading installment payment platforms, providing shoppers with buy now, pay later solutions at their favourite retailers, both in-store and online. By selecting Affirm as a payment method at checkout, customers can enjoy their purchase immediately, while spreading their payments over time.
How do I use Affirm?
- Select Affirm at checkout: Shop at your favourite stores that offer Affirm and select us as your payment option at checkout.
- Get set up: Use your mobile phone number and email to set up your Affirm plan within 60 seconds. Subject to credit approval.
- Enjoy your purchase!: Confirm your payment plan and then you’re done! Enjoy your purchase today and break up the cost.
Frequently Asked Questions
To learn more about Affirm and credit checks, please read this FAQ article on the Affirm help site
Please reach out to the Affirm team and they will be happy to look into the options available. You can contact them using this contact form.
Affirm does not charge any late or NSF fees. For more information on fees, please see this FAQ article on the Affirm help site.
Purchases made using Affirm are subject to Unofive’s standard return policy. Any returns will be processed by Unofive, and your Affirm balance will be reduced, cancelled, or refunded accordingly. If Unofive has provided a refund to you via a gift card, you must still continue repaying your installment plan in full. For information on returns, review Unofive’s return policy here
No, you will not be charged. If you’ve already made a payment to Affirm and are owed a refund this may take up to 5-10 business days to appear on your bank account or credit card statement. If you have any questions about the refund process, please reach out to the Affirm team through this contact form.If your order total changes for any reason, your payment plan will be adjusted accordingly.
Choose how you pay with Affirm for as low as 0-30% APR (where applicable and subject to provincial regulatory limitations). Subject to eligibility check and approval. A down payment may be required. See actual terms at checkout.
Spread the cost of a purchase from $300 to $1,499.99 into 3, 6 or 12 easy monthly payments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You'll need:
- To be the legal age of majority in the province or territory in which you reside
- To be a resident of Canada
- A Canadian bank account or Visa/Mastercard debit card (Your debit card must have the Visa or Mastercard logo). Available payment methods may vary depending on the payment plan selected.
- An SMS-capable Canadian phone number and an email address
- To meet the minimum cart size required to use Affirm as a payment option at checkout
If your basket is eligible for monthly payments with Affirm, the option will be presented at checkout. After confirming your phone number, you’ll be sent a one-time SMS password to confirm your identity. You’ll then enter a few details for an instant decision. If you’re approved, you will have the option to set up your repayment method with Affirm and accept the terms of your payment plan.
For more information on interest or fees, please read this FAQ article on the Affirm help site
Unfortunately, Affirm is not able to provide payment plans to every applicant. This could be due to the information on your credit file, or because Affirm was not able to verify your identity or your payment method.